Dual Flow Adjustable PCV Valve + Inline Adapter 3/8" hose + Service Kit
This includes complete PCV valve plus in-line adapter and o-ring service kit
This includes complete PCV valve plus in-line adapter and o-ring service kit - convenient for customers who need all parts at once: international customers for example. Complete contents listed below.
- Fits 3/8 inch hose using the included in-line adapter
- For PCV applications which do not mount in the valve cover. It is ideal for limited space applications, inline PCV systems, as well as road draft tube conversions.
- The Inline Adaptor bolts to the bottom of the DF-17 Dual Flow PCV Valve to two pre-tapped holes. It is possible to remove the Inline Adaptor at a later date if desired. The DF-17 PCV Valve may be mounted vertically or horizontally while using the inline adapter.
- The dual flow PCV valve is fully tuneable to your engine combination
- Adjustable flow rate can be tailored to your engine’s setup, allows controlled incremental flow rate changes
- Adjustable vacuum transition level can be tuned to your engine’s unique vacuum profile
- Properly ventilates crankcase, resulting in cleaner oil and cleaner engine internals
- Reduces crankcase pressure, which is often the cause of oil leaks
- Eliminates in-car oil smell while driving
- Works well with air-oil separators
- Reduces emissions, however valve is for use on emissions exempt vehicles only
- Reduces moisture and acidic vapors in your engine’s crankcase
- Vacuum gauge tuning method ensures PCV system is set properly for your combination (vacuum gauge not included)
- A stock style PCV has one airflow circuit, which varies airflow from a reduced amount at idle to an increased amount of flow under cruising conditions. These flow rates, as well as the vacuum level at which the valve transitions from idle to cruise mode, are not adjustable by the end user. Furthermore, it is difficult to obtain proper flow data to determine which stock style valve (if any) is correct for a modified application.
- Patented Dual Flow technology (US Pat. No. 9,376,945) splits airflow into independent idle and cruise circuits, giving you the ultimate in control over your tuneup. Each circuit is independently tuneable to allow for full customization to your specific application. Flow rate as well as transition vacuum level can be adjusted with the turn of a screw.
- Designed, machined, hand assembled and 100% flow tested in USA. Main body: CNC Machined from USA made 6061-T6 billet aluminum. PCV hose inlet: Machined from billet as part of main body (not a press fit tube) All fasteners: Stainless steel Internal check balls: Precision ground stainless steel All O-rings: Viton, rated to 400° F Idle / cruise circuit actuation spring: Stainless steel Spring guide bushing: High temperature Oilite, rated to 400° F
- Cruise control screw allows user to fine tune vacuum level where valve transitions from low flow idle mode to increased flow cruise mode Two springs are included to allow for tuning over a wide range of vacuum levels
- The low vacuum spring can accommodate engines with idle vacuum levels from 7″-10″ Hg, while the high vacuum spring is used on engines with 10″+ Hg at idle.
- Fixed orifice tuning mode can be used for the most radical engine combinations, and accommodates engines with less than 7″ Hg at idle
- Manufactured from 6061-T6 billet aluminum using over 50 precision CNC machining operations
- PCV hose connection barbed tube is integral to main body, barbed tube and main body are machined from one piece of billet aluminum
- One part number fits most domestic V6 and V8 applications (see Technical Data photos)
- Adapter version available for inline applications (adapter not included with this kit)
- Fully serviceable and rebuildable design, rebuild kits available
- Each valve hand inspected, assembled and 100% flow tested
- The Dual Flow PCV instruction guide includes several starting points for idle flow rates based on engine size and idle vacuum levels
- A properly functioning PCV Valve will increase its flow rate under cruising conditions to accommodate additional blowby produced under higher load conditions.
- The vacuum level where the PCV Valve transitions from a low flow idle mode to an increased flow cruise mode has always been a source of guesswork, and is a critical component of your tuneup. Dual Flow PCV Technology allows the user to precisely set the idle to cruise transition point. The Dual Flow PCV Valve uses vacuum gauge for tuning the idle to cruise transition for the ultimate in tuning accuracy. The vacuum gauge is used to monitor internal vacuum circuitry in the valve, and will indicate precisely when the PCV Valve has transitioned from idle to cruise mode.
- Note: A vacuum gauge is required for tuning, and is not included.
- Fixed orifice mode tuning is also available for extreme performance applications.
- Each valve ships with a printed set of instructions
- Purchase Includes: (1) Dual Flow PCV Valve (1) Printed Shop Manual (1) 3/32″ Allen wrench (1) 1/8″ Allen wrench (1) Low vacuum spring (1) High vacuum spring (1) Cross passage plug (spare) (1) Vacuum gauge fitting – used to connect your vacuum gauge to the Dual Flow PCV’s internal passages for tuning (1) O-ring service kit. Note – a vacuum gauge is required for tuning and is not included.
Please ask any application questions before purchase.